The Outsourced CFO: Affordable Financial Expertise
As businesses grow, so does accounting complexity, and it becomes more difficult to get clarity on how the business is performing. Without accurate and timely data, it is nearly impossible to make good financial decisions. This uncertainty can erode management’s confidence in decision making and distract them from their primary focus of running the business.
Small companies need strong financial management as much as large companies do -- just not every day. Often times, small businesses find themselves in “no man’s land” -- they’ve outgrown the owner’s and bookkeeper’s abilities to take an accurate pulse of the business, but they can’t afford to hire an experienced CFO full time. “Filling the gap between your bookkeeper and CPA” is what Michigan CFO Associates does.
Through outsourcing, businesses can access higher-level expertise without the high costs of a full-time, experienced CFO. Our programs range from small-scale, 1-day per month engagements, to more involved programs that are two or three days per week. The ongoing cost of a part-time CFO can be as little as 1/8th of a full-time CFO.
What Will an Outsourced CFO Do For You?
- Ensure that the company’s reporting contains data that is BOTH accurate and useful
- Bring focus on the key items that have the greatest impact on profitability
- Install financial disciplines and controls
- Create projections to identify future problems and opportunities
- Assist with outside relationships (bankers, vendors, customers, CPAs, etc.)
- Provide leadership, training and supervision to the company’s accounting staff
- Bring into question the “that’s the way we’ve always done it” attitude
- Perform thorough financial analyses in order to make effective business decisions
(For example, consider how much overhead should be included in your pricing)
- Assist owners with critical business decisions
Video -- Will Outsourcing Work For You?
Making Better Financial Decisions
Our CFOs will lead you through the “Building Blocks For Improved Decision Making”, starting with the foundation of accurate, timely reporting, and moving up to fine-tuned, actionable data. Throughout this process, we will keep you heading towards your goals and we’ll know quickly if you’re veering off course.
But more than that, our CFOs are right there with you, drawing on years of experience, acting as a sounding board and helping you with critical decision making.